We are a theoretical chemical physics group in the School of Chemistry at the University of Sydney.
Our research interests include:
- Energy and charge transport in disordered materials
- Photophysics of next-generation solar cells
- Quantum effects in biological systems, especially photosynthetic complexes
- Engineering quantum effects into molecular systems
- Quantum computing and quantum simulation, especially for chemical problems
- Aug 2017: Ivan wins a Young Tall Poppy Science Award!
- Jul 2017: Two of our papers have been highlighted by ACS as Outstanding Work from Authors in Australia. Congrats Sima and Elise!
- Jul 2017: Congrats Sam for being an Australian Science Superhero!
- Mar 2017: Welcome Clare, who joins us for her undergraduate research project!
- Jan 2017: Welcome Stefano, our first PhD student at Sydney!
- Jan 2017: We've moved from UQ to USyd!
- Dec 2016: Congratulations to David on receiving his Honours degree!
- Sep 2016: Congratulations to Natasha for winning the Best Poster Prize at the School of Mathematics and Physics Poster Day!
- Sep 2016: Welcome Stefano, who will work with us until starting his PhD next year!
- Aug 2016: Ivan accepts a position in the School of Chemistry at the University of Sydney, so we will be moving in January 2017.
- May 2016: Welcome Nasim, who will work with us until starting her PhD next year!
- Apr 2016: Ivan receives a Westpac Research Fellowship from the Westpac Bicentennial Foundation!
- Feb 2016: Welcome David, who will do his Honours with us!
- Feb 2016: Take a look at Samantha’s article “Harvesting Light in a Quantum World” in Lateral magazine!
- Jan 2016: Welcome Katie and Adam, who join us as undergraduate researchers!
- Aug 2015: Goodbye to Sima, who, after an awesome year-long visit, is returning to Sharif University of Technology to finish her PhD.
- Jul 2015: Congratulations to Elise on receiving her Honours degree!
- Apr 2015: Nature Chemistry ran a feature article discussing Ivan’s PhD work. Check it out!
- Apr 2015: Welcome Samantha, who joins us for her PhD!
- Sep 2014: Our book, Ultrafast Spectroscopy: Quantum information and wavepackets, is now available. Congratulations Joel, Jacob, Alan, and Alán!
- Sep 2014: Welcome Natasha, who joins us for her PhD!
- Sep 2014: New website is up!